Thursday 20 May 2010

No more limbo

Angela - Ok, limbo’s over and we now have a ‘ConDem Nation’! Let’s see how that works out…

…Now to more pressing matters - the World Cup and Fantasy Football. Lindsay and I have decided to take on the guys and enter two teams, based on good looks, good pecs and legs, so Christiano Ronaldo is in but Rooney’s out! This should be a really interesting contest and at least we’ll get the pleasure of watching our guys as they rack up the points for us!!

Lindsay - Couldn’t agree more, just see how shallow we can get! But it does mean I can get my favourite player back into my squad - good old Thierry Henry. How much do we have to spend? And if there is anything left over, does that mean we can spend it on new shoes and handbags?!

ConDem Nation - do we think it can work? How can you stand on a stage one week discussing your various manifestos and disagreeing with each other, and the next week work together for the good of the country?! Its not what anyone voted for, but then that’s democracy, for you!

Angela - We clearly have no scruples – Thierry Henry knocked out Ireland with a left hook and Ronaldo – well the wink said it all. We have no limit on how much we spend – they don’t have a price tag on their heads, just defined cheek bones and bulging muscles. When we beat the lads and win we’ll be able to splash out on handbags and shoes, provided the VAT’s not increased in the budget!

Lindsay - On a completely different note, I know that I am a bit behind the times (well a lot actually) but I started to watch 24 last weekend. Keith (my worse half!) and I were glued for about 5 hours on Saturday night into Sunday morning and then again on Sunday night. It’s great! Why did I leave it so long? Jack Bauer rocks, and I think I am going to change my car reg to CTU!

Speak to you soon,

A&L (Although we don’t do mortgages, we are thinking of doing low interest small loans – if someone would lend us some money!)

No comments:

Post a Comment