Tuesday 11 May 2010

A new chapter...

Thursday 29 April

Lindsay - Firstly I will do a little bit of explaining - Angela and I are going to start writing a blog together. It will just be our inane ramblings probably of no interest to anyone but us.

Lindsay – I don’t like fish very much, most people call me weird, but I was watching Jamie Oliver's new TV show last night and thought some of the fishy dishes he was producing looked delicious, so I think I will start and give fish a fair shot!

Angela – I’m very fussy when it comes to fish – if I find a bone it can put me off for ages! I’m definitely more of a chicken person, although the crispy skin is the best bit and, as most of you will know, I’m dieting so I can’t eat that bit. In fact I can’t eat most of the things that taste the nicest – chocolate, cakes, crisps, the list is endless. Any delicious recipes for chicken (without the skin) would be gratefully received!

Lindsay – I know a really nice chicken recipe, however it does contain pecorino sardo (a really nice Italian cheese) so it probably would be too high a fat content and come to think of it, it's wrapped in streaky smoked bacon which probably does not help either! Sorry Angela.

Thursday 6 May – Election Day

Angela - Time for the country to make their choice – I’m one of the voters who all the politicians want to talk to – an undecided voter. Still, by the time I get to the ballot box tonight, hopefully, I’ll know where to put my cross.

Lindsay – Snap! Everyone has been my friend for the last couple of weeks, sending me letters and knocking on my door, however I don’t really want to get into an argument on my own doorstep, and don’t really see why I should be justifying myself and who I choose to vote for to a complete stranger outside my own house!

Some time later...
Angela - It’s taken Lindsay and I so long to write this blog that the country’s now voted and we’re none the wiser. The television and papers all tell us there’s a hung parliament. Does anyone really know what that means? I know there are a few politicians I’d like to see hung (I hope I can’t be tried for treason there?!). So, we’re all in limbo, which isn’t easy, especially as I’m getting on in life and I’m not as flexible as I used to be.

Lindsay - Well there’s a thing, maybe the party leaders should be a little more flexible, I am sure that there are plenty of yoga classes in Westminster!

Speak to you soon,

A&L (
Please note that we don't do mortgages, we're not Alliance and Leicester!)

No comments:

Post a Comment