Friday 11 February 2011

1st of the year

Angela: Well, our first blog of the year and already NUFC have managed to cause controversy and hog the headlines. I heard a commentator say that most NUFC fans would wake up on the morning after transfer deadline day and say “what a good bit of business”. I’m sorry but I don’t know anyone who thinks that way – I think the fans have been ‘stitched up’. I have to say that I’ve seen a picture of Andy Carroll in his new Liverpool shirt and he doesn’t suit red. It definitely doesn’t go with his complexion!

Lindsay: Well not too sure on all of this, he didn’t have to go, he was still in contract until the summer and lets face it, with his new wage packet, he must need a crane to lift it! As you know, I don’t know that much about football but I do think that they should invest the money back into the club and buy some more players. I must admit if I were a manager I would make them all get a hair cut and smarten themselves up. If we turned up at work the way they do for a match (and lets face it it is supposed to be their job!) we would be sacked, greasy hair, unshaven and to top it all wearing hair bands!

On a different note completely, I am sick and tired of avoiding pot holes on my way to work. They are not just little dips in the road but massive great big holes. Is there a way you can report these and more importantly if you do with the council do anything about them !

Angela: What really gets me is when you’re driving along and all of a sudden a bicycle goes round a pot hole right in front of your car and you then have to swerve to miss them. I have a feeling that the council have started to fill them in but this will cause major problems and traffic jams on the roads, so we’ll have to start leaving home an extra 10 minutes early to avoid road works.

Where do you fancy going for your holidays this year? Egypt and Tunisia are rioting, there aer cyclones in Australia...chaos around the world. If the riots start to spread, we'll run out of destinations! I think I'll stick to home. At least my dog is always pleased to see me and he won't riot unless I forget his Pedigree Chum!

Lindsay: Yip home sounds good to me! Did you see on the television they were selling cheap package deals to Egypt, who in their right mind would go there now?!

With us being in the middle of the recession our Loans Department are putting a stop on lending for the time being so DON’T ASK as a refusal often offends!

A&L

No comments:

Post a Comment